June 3, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 6/3/14

It's Billy Joel month!

Why, you ask?

Because ... on that drive back from Jacksonville a few weeks ago, I stumbled on the Billy Joel satellite station and listened to it for the whole five hour drive home.

It goes without saying that it takes a prolific genius to be able to fill up that much air time with greatest hits and classics and rare gems. and other people covering his hits.  And, as someone who has a good bit of his creative output on cassette tape and CD ('cause I'm old school like that), I was tickled to hear some songs for the very first time.

For instance ... Roberta ... a tune that instantly spoke to me as it so perfectly captured that moment of looking longingly at the ... well .. let's say ... "person in the industry" ... performing in the same establishment ... but so far out of reach financially ... emotionally ... etc.  Boy does it take me back to the good old days (although the good ole days weren't always good and tomorrow ain't as bad as it se-e-eems ... which, by the way, will NOT be one of the songs featured in the next three weeks).  Tough for me, tough for you indeed ...

I'D ASK YOU OVER BUT I CAN'T AFFORD YOU:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP4HygPI9lA


No comments:

Post a Comment