June 7, 2014

Random Soapbox for Saturday 6/7/14

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... my dealer suddenly, and without notice, went out of business.

I recognize it's a tough economy out there in times like these, but it does put me in a bind.  I spent the first part of the week searching to find my fix on whatever street corner I could ... at the 7-11, multiple pharmacies, even the grocery store parking lot.

I finally found someone on the inside that clued me in to the fact that the product simply could no longer be found in the southern Florida area and I had no choice but to wait it out until someone else stepped up to the plate.  And there's no timeline for when things might go back to normal for me.

It will be one week tomorrow since I've had anything ... and I'm not sure how this experience might change me.  I mean, once I knew the situation, I was able to try to mollify my addiction pangs with substitutes, but it's so unsettling to go about my day knowing that I can't match the quality of that to which I had become accustomed.

This spiraling sucks.  I'm asking for help.  Not in the "accompany me to a program" kind of way.  But if anyone outside of this area has a current TVGuide they can send my way, I'd be forever indebted.  Here's hoping that the vendor who supplies local stores with the magazine weeklies that just closed up shop gets replaced quickly so that my summer isn't ruined.  (And thanks Barnes and Noble employee who gave me that inside scoop so I stopped my futile searching and started coping ...)

AM I GOING TO HAVE TO DO LIKE THE KIDS DO AND DO THIS ALL ONLINE?:
http://www.tvguide.com/keywords/tv-guide-magazine

THIS IS TOO MUCH INFORMATION FOR ME TO NOT GO DOWN A TVGUIDE-HOLE:
http://tvlistings.aol.com/listings/fl/plantation/comcast-broward-county/FL65018%7CX

GIVING CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE FOR THE INSIDER INFORMATION:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment