April 1, 2014

Random Tune for Tuesday 4/1/14

To be clear, there's a much better chance of me being late to the pop culture party than ahead of the game (have I mentioned recently that I refuse to drink the i-koolaid?) ... and it was widely broadcast that Troy would be leaving Community's current season (six and a movie!) midway through it so the rest of this post can't possibly be a spoiler ...

What with that batch of episodes dropping off of on-demand, I finally got around to catching the episode where he said goodbye ... and instantly fell in love again with the classic Come Sail Away as redone by Aimee Mann.  As is par for the course with this excellent series, it was the perfect send off and hearkened back to the first season when Troy cried because "he was tricked into listening to Come Sail Away".  As it was, this Troy might have done the same thing this time around (unless it was just my contacts ... yeah, that's what it was ... or at least that's the story with which I'm sticking ...)

JUST A SNIPPET OF THE SCENE TO WHET YOUR APPETITE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a207YXVMXsc

No comments:

Post a Comment