January 10, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 21

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 21:

Shopping at Old Orchard.

Especially in the early 2000's, what with the Williams Sonoma connection I had ;) many an hour was spent in this modern day mall mecca just outside of Chicago (in total hours, it even beat out the world-renowned Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg [although it was close, what with the time I spent on a bench outside of its entrance waiting for the PACE buses back when I public transported to the suburb Kaplan center for two hours each way for my job around the same time]).  More than that, though, it represented the outdoor mall style that I had seen featured on Days a few years before ... and it had a Barnes and Nobles (which, as time passed, became one of the few places where I could still Christmas shop)!

COUNTER:  Sure, Florida has malls.  But they're all indoors (you know, because of the alligators and the need for air conditioning, I guess) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment