January 12, 2014

Bonus Post (Gbye Chicago): Thing 19

50 Things I'll Miss About Chicago -->

Thing 19:

Working out of the physical Chicago offices of my employer.

I was a student for so long (longer than most people tend to be students ... but hey, I'm a late bloomer), that once I was done (the government just wouldn't loan me any more money!), the move to Chicago happened and, shortly thereafter, I found my career at Kaplan (I celebrate 10 years there in just a few weeks).  This photo is what I saw out of my office at the (now-closed) Schaumburg location where I started ... and I have many memories from that spot and from the one in which I spent so much more time, nearby in Lincoln Park.

COUNTER:  My company transformed a few years back, and so my office is now my home office ... which means I work from anywhere there is an internet connection (maybe even poolside?), but, across divisions, it's known that there's some real estate I'll have to check out in what will be my new neck of the woods (I mean ... neck of the glades).

No comments:

Post a Comment