October 19, 2013

Random Soapbox for Saturday 10/19/13

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... old age is creeping up on me way too quickly.

The latest incident proving this to be true comes courtesy of my cell, where, in an attempt to be like the younger kids with their smart phones, I've downloaded one of those "app" thingies that approximates a yellow pad for jotting down notes at any time of day.  What with me micro-blogging every day, I use it to capture ideas as they strike me, especially since my brain buffets me with random bon mots on a continuous loop.

Sadly, though, I'm learning that jotting something down (or executing the new-fangled equivalent of that, app-wise) doesn't always mean I'll be able to understand that which I e-jotted.  Specifically, I found this phrase at the top of the list:  "I live in CT", and, upon reflection, I have absolutely no idea why that was important enough for me to remember.  I don't live in Connecticut and I have no plans to move to Connecticut and I'm pretty sure that I've only ever visited Connecticut whilst driving through on the way to visit my surrogate sister when she was in college in the Boston area over 20 years ago.

Of course, there's a chance that auto-correct played a role -- or that maybe CT doesn't stand for Connecticut (I mean, I was watching MTV's Real World Challenge Rivals [another attempt to stave off old age, by viewing what the kids watch] -- but then "I live in CT" would take on a whole different meaning and get all 'Silence of the Lambs' level of creepy).  Before when this has happened (nd yes, it has happened before), I simply turned to the interwebs to google search in hopes that I'll see something that jogs my aging memory, but even that exercise didn't take me anywhere (unless you count the Aerosmith instrumental that has that name from 'Pandora's Box', a collection I own but a song I didn't know was on the box set until today).

Bottom line ... it seems like I'm going need an app to help me translate the notes I put into my app.  Old age sucks.  Ugh!

WELL THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT I FOUND IN MY NOTES:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF9RDfq-B2k

AND THIS OTHER CT DOESN'T MAKE MUCH SENSE IN CONTEXT:
http://thebatavian.com/timothy-walton/photo-mtv-real-world-reality-star-ct-city-slickers/38664

SO WAS IT ONE OF THESE OTHER CTS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CT

No comments:

Post a Comment