September 3, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 9/3/13

Four weeks into my countdown and this P Jam Jam of mine leading up to the much anticipated Oct 15th release date of their next masterpiece brings me to 1996's "No Code" as the source for today's random tuneage.  As has been the trend since I started this, it's an embarrassment of riches from which I can choose.

I'm certainly quite fond of "In My Tree", because it immediately makes me remember the PJam concert in Sep 1996 at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Maryland -- where one of the kids in our group quite literally ended up back on the hillside watching part of that show (and listening to that exact song in a very meta-moment) ... from ... up in a tree.

Then there's "Present Tense", with which I would posit one can save any money one is tempted to pour down the therapy drain by just listening and learning and bending like the tree to catch the sunlight ... or, as it's so eloquently stated ...

"You can spend your time alone redigesting past regrets, oh
Or you can come to terms and realize
You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, oh
Makes much more sense to live in the present tense."

However, all that said, I'm dedicating the *actual* song I'm choosing to those that appear in this photo that may or may not have been taken in Washington DC in Jan 1995 when the group of us (I'm taking the picture) may or may not have been trying to crash the Pearl Jam concert that year in that location.  It's one of my favorite shots because, as one of the group correctly predicted, it was the last time all of us were together in the same carefree not-quite-fully-adults-yet way.  And the song to accompany the photo?  "Off He Goes", because, as my life has taken me to various locations for various reasons, I can still make it home to many of these fine folks, and pick up exactly where we left off  "laughing, like we always did ... my same old, same old friend(s)" ... but only for the short time I'm back in town (and I haven't been in way too long, hence the tinge of homesickness in this post).

And then ... off I go again ...

LIGHTNING BOLT ARRIVES in JUST 6 WEEKS!

NOTHING'S CHANGED, BUT THE SURROUNDING BULLSH*T, THAT HAS GROWN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hthj9KZrgpo





No comments:

Post a Comment