September 17, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 9/17/13

We've reached the tipping point, in that I've been doing this P Jam Jam now for more weeks than remain in this countdown.

Six weeks in, and I'm picking from "Binaural" for tonight's tune.  [To be clear, the date in the accompanying photo is from 2000 when this was released, and is therefore not October 15th, which is the 2013 date that the new new album will be in stores.]

As per usual, I'm not going to select one of the two more well known officially released tracks.  It's not that I have anything against "Nothing As It Seems" nor "Light Years", and especially since I've been known to tear up when I'm in the car singing along and this phrase comes on ...

And wherever you've gone
And wherever we might to
It don't seem fair ...
Today just disappeared ...

After all, anyone who's lost anyone can mourn via Eddie and the boys with that kind of sentiment.

Same car ride -- and the tears dry up to an all knowing wry chuckle with the opening line of "Rivals" ("All my rivals will see what I have in store!') ... and then I'm just all smiles when the ukulele comes out for "Soon Forget" (more about that in a few weeks) ... but all that said, the tune chosen for tonight is the album's double barrel close of "Parting Ways"/"Writer's Block".  [Happily, the youtube video I found has the full 7:18 version so that you can hear the typewriter music if you stick around, all loyal and patient like.]

In my opinion, there's nothing like a little haunting ditty about people once close who are realizing that they are growing apart that sticks with you ... drifting away ... drifting away ... drifting away ...

LIGHTING BOLT ARRIVES in JUST 4 WEEKS!

BE SURE TO STAY FOR THE SPECIAL ENDING:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij8RBIs4jx8





No comments:

Post a Comment