August 27, 2013

Random Tune for Tuesday 8/27/13

Three weeks into my countdown anticipating the release of Pearl Jam's next studio album, and I have before me what I imagine will be the hardest task of this ongoing P Jam Jam series.

If I stay true to my concept, I'm kind of obligated to choose one tune to feature -- but how could I possibly pick?  I refuse to say that this is my favorite album (because favorites don't work when there is so much quality artistic output from which to choose), but I will most definitely say that I'm extremely torn and unclear as to how I can accomplish this task.

Do I go with the comically psychotic "Bugs" or "Stupid Mop"?  Or do I choose one of the Man-duos of "Nothingman" or "Betterman" (the latter of which still resonates with me as it was a bonding moment I had with one of my best friends who used it to gain insight into my family's fractured past)?  Or maybe I should feature one of the scream-at-the-top-of-your-lungs-at-all-the-haters power ballads of "Corduroy" [I WOULD RATHER STARVE THAN EAT YOUR BREAD!] or "Not For You" [THIS IS NOT FOR YOU!  OH NEVER WAS FOR YOU!]?  Or do I rally behind a commitment to never orally satisfy Satan (a line from "Satan's Bed" that was playing during one of my murder mysteries back in the day at kind of the wrong everybody-suddenly-got-quiet moment)?  Or do I just sit back and relax and relive past concert moments of ultimate chill when "Immortality" was played?

I guess the point is that I can't possibly pick just one track ... and, luckily, someone on the YouTube agrees with me, since they've posted the entire album as one link.  And that's a loophole I'll gladly take advantage of!

LIGHTING BOLT ARRIVES in JUST 7 WEEKS!   

BECAUSE SOMETIMES CHOOSING IS IMPOSSIBLE:

No comments:

Post a Comment