July 19, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 7/19/13

Twenty years ago this summer, I was in my apartment in Uniontown (pictured elsewhere in this series of 1993 photos) ... and so were these seldom seen members of my family -- my niece and nephew Ashlyn and Nic!

["Seldom seen" is all relative when it comes to my relatives -- as, thanks to the Facebook, I get to virtually see them much more nowadays -- which is nice, since the event that brought them into PA twenty years ago was the last time I was in the same room as these youngsters.  Life flies by so quickly ...]

By the way, that's my biological mother in the middle.  In my adult history, I've seen her once a decade (my high school graduation in the 80's, for this event in the 90's and for a nephew's graduation in the 00's).  I state that factually, not judgmentally, as I am fully aware that you play the hand that is dealt you (in this case, dealt by a Lebanon County judge in a seventies style divorce, and exacerbated by a jealous new wife of the baby daddy of 60% of your kids) and I want to try to salvage the tone of this post to something as celebratory as that which brought us all together twenty years ago (more to come about that in subsequent Friday flashbacks).  [Plus, let's face it, I'm old enough and well-traveled enough to take matters into my own hands should I so choose.]

So -- here's to what was a happy visit in the summer of 1993!  Be sure to cherish the times you have with your family!


No comments:

Post a Comment