June 7, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 6/7/13

What was I doing twenty years ago in the early summer of 1993?  Taking this picture in an idyllic spot in my home state of Pennsylvania, somewhere close to the "PA Grand Canyon".

I'd say more specifics about the location, except it's the secret hideout of my brother's and so it's kind of like "the undisclosed location" that politicians go to whenever trouble is brewing.  For us, it was just vacation -- and it's not like we were blindfolded or anything on the way up there (although there were a lot of winding country roads as I recall).  To my point, you do gain access by driving across a low point in the river or, if the river's high, boating across at a point in the upper left of this shot.  I've probably said too much already, so I'll stop ...

Oh -- although I guess it's okay to disclose that these inner tubes didn't stay on the grass for long.  Remember that river I referenced?  We spent hours floating on it (and it may or may not be true that at least one tube was reserved for beer).    Now *that's* a peaceful vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment