June 14, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 6/14/13

I couldn't resist one more photo from this vacation twenty years ago in early summer 1993 (there will be more next year around this time, Zuckerberg willing).

First, the obvious -- my camera was dying a slow death during this trip.  And this was before the age of digital equipment, so I didn't *know* it was dying until I got the photos back from the developer (kids -- google it -- it's the old way of doing things).

Second, the not so obvious -- I know for certain that this shot was taken *after* the tubing experience I referenced in last week's picture.  I stand by that conclusion because, in the distance, you can see my sambas drying out on the rock.

Finally, I'm just hoping this photo makes the little girl in it smile -- as the little girl in this photo is spending her summer preparing for a little girl all of her own.  (That would make an uncle like me feel pretty old -- except that my family is so ... ummm ... "unique" ... that I was an uncle before I was even born!)

Here's to blue skies and peaceful times like these for everyone this summer season!

No comments:

Post a Comment