May 5, 2013

Amazing Race Aside S22E10

What with the finale tonight, I had to squeeze this episode in and take it off the DVR and get this posted before the Hockey Boys take it all in a few hours (well that's my prediction anyway ...).  So although I'd rather they'd have spent an extra episode in Berlin, here's my Amazing Race Aside for last week's Scottish leg of the race ...

PITHIEST COMMENT OF THE NIGHT:  "Blow and blow and blow."  That whole bagpipe challenge gave me new respect for LVC's Dr. Scott, the lone bagpiper who appeared often on campus.

HOW DID THEY DO THAT?  BEHIND-THE-SCENES-REQUEST:  So producers, what was that $1.00 for on this part of the race?  Were they supposed to tip the haggis poet (by the way -- I thought he might have just been an interested local the way he first popped up on the scene to offer his ode to the treat).

IMAGE I WON'T SOON FORGET:  Oh those Scottish castles.  I want one.  Maybe the second one -- which seemed ready to move into.  Oh, and I only want one if the weather is warm, as a chimney in every corner makes me think it gets pretty pretty cold in there in the winter.

LET ME JUST SAY THIS:  What with all that which-plane-is-first drama, this episode seemed brought to you by the gospel's "the first shall be last and the last shall be first".

[make your own haggis with this "authentic" recipe:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/haggis_66072]

No comments:

Post a Comment