April 20, 2013

Random Soapbox for Saturday 4/20/13

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

BREAKING NEWS!  WARNING!  Imposter has been sighted in the South Florida area in a Publix grocery store.  The culprit apparently likes to hang out in deli counters where it's been seen around sharp objects.  Suspect pretends to be a delicacy known as Lebanon Bologna -- but it is not as it should be.  WARNING!

The first tip I should have known I was getting a sub-par product while here on vacation -- the boy behind the counter corrected me to say "oh, you want lebaNON (emphasis on the NON) bologna".  It was all I could do to say "no, son ... it's /lep'-nun ba-lo'-nee/".

The second tip I should have known I was getting a sub-par product while here on vacation -- Boar's Head is neither Weavers nor Fox nor Seltzers nor Bombergers nor Kunzlers nor Weavers. (Yes, folks, I attended the Lebanon Baloney Festival back when there were half a dozen local companies in the mix.  I don't think they all survived.)

Putting "traditional pennsylvania dutch" on this product is an affront to all those authentic PA dutch folks back home (in the same vein as all of those fake Amish shows are an affront to a serious old-fashioned lifestyle).  We need to ban this item post haste and boycott this fakery forthwith!

THEY ALREADY KNOW THEY'RE WRONG -- IT'S NOT LISTED ON THEIR WEBSITE:
http://boarshead.com/products/

THE LAST THREE LOCAL COMPANIES STANDING, SAYS THIS GUY:
http://activerain.com/blogsview/243306/lebanon-bologna-a-uniquely-local-food

SELTZER'S BOUGHT BOMBERGER'S IT SEEMS:
http://www.seltzerslebanon.com/bombergers.html



No comments:

Post a Comment