April 12, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 4/12/13

Ah ... HOBY.

Here's another twenty year old photo from the 1993 Hugh O'Brian Youth Foundation Central Pennsylvania Leadership Seminar.

[And that's not a scepter on the edge of the photo -- but my battery was dying, or my flash was malfunctioning, or something to that effect.]

The location -- my alma mater LVC in a room that no longer exists -- this space in the newly redesigned Mund is now a modern looking college store (finally moved out of the corner of the basement level).

Zooming in to the easel, I think we might have all been Myers-Briggs-ing, but the game board on the table and the speaker (I think the creator of a game we played) makes me think, alternatively, that we might have been about to embark on a game of ethics.  (But this is not, I'm pretty sure, the labor/management role play that we did the year I participated [at this time, I was a counselor], where we took things a little too far and refused to give the opposing side water.)

One thing for sure -- it's a bunch of leaders that was in this room about to get down to the brass tacks of leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment