March 29, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 3/29/13

This is the best restaurant in Uniontown -- or at least it was twenty years ago back in 1993, when I worked there with these fine folks (and many many more who are not in this photo which was taken right past the door into the kitchen -- behind me was the big cooler filled with Olive's pies).

And oh the fun I had at the Cherry Tree Cafe from Dec 92 to Aug 93.  Last year, during my 100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending series, I dedicated Thing 70 exclusively to memories of the food and the people and the activities outside of work with those people (just search "cherry tree" on the blog thanks to the power of google-driven search on it to see my references to Scott "Thunder" and steak fries and Tuesday night chicken-and-biscuits and joining the local high school senior class for drinking activities as I had just turned 21).

I've got a few more photos flashing back on Fridays this summer to this group from twenty years ago, but in my long list of jobs I had during the long time I was in college, this was definitely one of the most enjoyable (and the one that would have made a perfect docuseries on TLC had that only been the trend back in the day) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment