March 15, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 3/15/13

This was my fifth and final prom.

It's not that I was so suave per se (although check out the red/black combo in the tux -- and the sunglasses), but that I was a late bloomer.  I don't think I went to any dances in high school, so a few proms in the time frame after my I ran away and gained my independence was just my way of "catching up".

And this one came about in 1993 because my regular customers at the Cherry Tree Cafe (where I was waiting tables while doing my theater internship in Uniontown -- because, after all, being a server is a key part of a young actor's life) hooked me up with their babysitter.

Sadly, I don't remember her name (I remember the other four -- hey Leslie, Becki, Jodi and Kristi and I think, maybe, her name was Samantha?), but I do remember that the event was at the Summit Inn overlooking the valley (a location where we had done our murder mysteries the year before) and that I borrowed a giant Cadillac (from you, Marianne G, right?) and that I locked the keys in the car with the engine running in the parking lot (for which I think Charlie B was sent up the mountain with a set of spare keys).

I took that embarrassment as a sign that I was to get out of the prom game, and that's what I did (although I was back in a tux later that summer for another reason -- pics to come this August)!

No comments:

Post a Comment