March 1, 2013

Random Flashback for Friday 3/1/13

This is me from twenty years ago, in my Uniontown apartment, exploring what was then a newer concept for me  -- facial hair.  And it certainly seems like a self-portrait a la the way kids do the cell phone photos in the mirror nowadays.

There's a slight chance that's a shadow on my chin, but I'm pretty sure that's the extent to which I grew our my goatee, just to see, as 21 year olds are wont to do, what it would look like (and it looks ALMOST long enough to put some beads in it, not that that would have happened -- and not that there's anything wrong with that -- just that it wasn't my scene).

There's a good chance I still have a shadow of a goatee nowadays (even if it does cover up the swell cleft in my chin), but that's mostly out of laziness and, by design, never longer than the hair (that's left) on my head.

So young.  So smiley.  So much of a "sparkle in my eyes" (although, as a 21 year old taking pictures of himself, I guess there's a good chance that I had been drinking before I snapped the photo) ...

Where, oh where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment