December 19, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 2

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 2:

File this under confessions ... but I have no idea where the time has gone.  Why it seems like just yesterday that I started this countdown (it was actually Sep 12), and here it is so close to the end of the world (maybe).  A few things ... I'm sure glad that the destruction will be sudden, as that has apparently allowed me to post right up to the very end, with Al Gore's interwebs holding steady irrespective of polar pole swapping or asteroids descending or solar flares a flarin' (I feel a mock up of the 12 days of Christmas coming ...).  Actually, the tenets I provided for this whole 100 days concept 36 days ago in Thing 38 still holds true -- I'm 95% sure that the world really isn't ending in less than 40 hours, my list did not include everyone who has impacted my life (Jen A, I promised to mention you here!), placement on the list is not correlative to importance to me (contrary to what you say, Chris L) and my stated goal was to hopefully inspire someone who was reading this to share something that might have been long overdue when it comes to needing to be  said, as life is much shorter than we think (maybe maybe maybe even two days from being over).  So in the waning hours of this project (or this existence we're sharing), let me issue a blanket statement to those for whom I just ran out of time -- "A heartfelt thanks to [insert your name] for being special to me by [insert deeply heartfelt, somewhat sappy, or, very rarely, mean-spirited comment about how you influenced my life]."  And to everyone, whether called out by name or not --  I believe that we are a sum total of all of the experiences we've had and all of the people we've met (so long as we keep our eyes, hearts and minds open), with something to be learned from each and every one of them (positive or not), and thus I'm grateful to you for being a part of my life.  Godspeed on your journey to whatever is next for  you and for all of us!  Happy Mayan Apocalypse to you and yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment