October 20, 2012

Random Soapbox for Saturday 10/20/12

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... as much as I love my television ( ... my name is Troy and I am an addict ...), every now and then a show will come along that just confuses the hell out of me.

Oh Sit (on the CW) is that show for me for the new season.  Here's the best way I can describe it ... mash up roller derby and musical chairs with a touch of 90's style Gladiator on a stage that looks a little like Wipeout with clean water but that includes the house band from the Singing Bee, all put together in a style that evokes the best/worst randomness of those unbelievable Japanese game shows hosted by Jamie Kennedy who is attempting to rock a really bad dye job (or a really bad toupee or a really bad toupee that's had a really bad dye job) whilst spouting out enough snark to make you think that the whole thing is one of those almost funny Saturday Night Live skits that goes on just a little too long.

I would have loved to have seen the pitch meeting for this show (as I have to tell you that I feel like I'm so spot-on in my description that several phrases above just HAD to be a part of the presentation).  Kudos for letting both genders participate in the game and, let's face it, the skimpier the clothes on the people running the race, the happier the perverts for which this kind of programming is developed ... I watched incredulously for one episode and then marveled that it wasn't cancelled and continues to air -- and has even been renewed.

[And ironically, there's a good chance that, for those reading this post, I may have piqued your interest enough for you to find it and watch it.]

JUDGE FOR YOURSELF:
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/oh-sit

IT'S BEEN RENEWED!:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cw-renews-oh-sit-breaking-pointe-374382

UMMM ... A 10 MINUTE VIDEO OF MUSICAL CHAIRS?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAtEjv9GXok

No comments:

Post a Comment