October 14, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 68

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending:

Thing 68:

File this under great appreciation ... but as I reflect back on my life so far in anticipation of being prepared for the apocalypse in just 68 days, I think I've finally traced the source of my television viewing obsessive habits.  I (happily) blame the Salinger family -- not he of Catcher in the Rye fame, but Charlie, Bailey, Julia, Claudia and baby Owen.  Yep -- it was Party of Five that got me addicted to quality heartfelt programming.  And this show about family sticking together to deal with all that life has to throw at you has stuck with me years later.  I can still remember Bailey telling his older brother that he never wanted to love again after he lost someone ... and you know it was a quality show as it provided one of the last opportunities to see the great Caroll O'Connor in a guest role near the end of his life.  It's nothing less than a crime that the entire series isn't available on DVD.  How's about someone get working on that -- say, maybe within the next 68 days?   

No comments:

Post a Comment