September 20, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 92

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 92:

File this under confessions ... but I was a chronic trespasser at the Cornwall rockpile all throughout the    90's.  I climbed up there with many different groups of friends at many different times - including once in the snow when I was out of shape and little Ben (who is like a brother to me) went ahead and called after to me to just follow in his footsteps in the 8" of snow so it would be easier to get the top (cue misty eyes), shot a potato gun from the top, shot a real gun from the top, shot a real gun with tracer bullets in it from the top, found a mystical bowling ball rolling down the side of the road by itself while en route to parking nearby, slid down full force, watched others slide down on a tree branch like a sled, camped out at the top, buried the steering wheel of my first car in the spot where I liked to sleep and taunted God during a thunderstorm asking him if "that was all he got" (oh the misplaced bravado of youth).  And if the police are reading this and there is not a statute of limitations on trespassing and they try to get me before the world (maybe) ends in 92 days, then -- none of this happened and it's all just a figment of my imagination (and maybe I'm drinking like I was on most of those nights).

No comments:

Post a Comment