August 25, 2012

Random Soapbox for Saturday 8/25/12

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ..

... I feel like I'm taking my life into my own hands on this weekend's trip to Indiana.  It's not so much about the itinerary (the bar crawl in Indy was great as always, and the wedding tonight at Fort Wayne in Ft. Wayne was very nice) -- it's more about what's happening around me in this state.

Note to self -- there will be no eating of cantaloupe (it's apparently salmonella laden if from downstate) and no purchasing of BP gasoline (it's apparently breaking cars as a batch got contaminated  and so a petrol recall was put in place).

And the piece de risky resistance -- this sign let me know that the hotel was hosting a conference when I checked in last night.  I'm sure the American Legion is a grand organization that does many wonderful things -- but they also are a group for which a disease is named.

If there's one silver lining ... it's that I escaped from a state that is high up on the list of West Nile deaths this late summer.

I'll tread carefully as this visit ends and as I return!

BEWARE THE INDIANA CANTALOUPE!:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/story/2012-08-23/fda-indiana-farm-melons-salmonella/57229102/1

BEWARE THE INDIANA PETROLEUM PURCHASE!:
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-08-23/indiana-officials-to-look-into-bp-gasoline-recall

BEWARE THE WEST NILE BEARING MOSQUITO!:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48737528/ns/local_news-chicago_il/t/evergreen-park-mayor-contracts-west-nile-virus/

No comments:

Post a Comment