June 19, 2012

Random Tune for Tuesday 6/19/12

What a trip ... lots of fun things at the beginning (my friend Speckles the penguin!  good times, as always in Indy!  a new drinking city in Cincy!) and then lots of stressful family things at the tail end, as I basically said goodbye to my bio-dad (he's expected to turn worse and fade quickly at any time, according to the doctor).  I spent a lot of time in my head ... and I didn't get to see nearly all of the friends and family I had hoped to have seen during my short time back home ... and I'm still "processing" and dealing with bits and pieces of the past that have resurfaced.  But with lots of quality music to occupy my mind on the hours and hours spent driving home (that's home as in Chicago home), I gravitated toward the verse of this PJam classic (and I'll overlook the message of the chorus in order to latch on to call to "stubborn" arms -- because I have been and always will be ... a survivor):

i will hold the candle till it burns up my arm
i'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired
i will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind
hey i won't change direction, and i won't change my mind
i'll swallow poison, until i grow immune
i will scream my lungs out till it fills this room

HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE WILL IT MAKE?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzlRPoyt2OA

No comments:

Post a Comment