March 24, 2012

Random Soapbox for Saturday 3/24/12

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

... although it's been eight weeks since I first saw it, the Chrysler Halftime in America ad that premiered at the Super Bowl still chokes me up when I hear it. Clint probably doesn't want my eyes to tear up, but it really did resonate (and it continues to do so) -- and hey, in the modified words of LMFAO -- "I'm sensitive and I know it".


[And a quick mini-rant within a rave (you can take the boy out of the rant, but you can't take the rant out of the boy) ... those who immediately dismissed it as pro-one-party or a veiled campaign message or a piece worthy of frame by frame analysis for hidden messaging, can I just say to you -- "Good Grief"! I remember when politics was more than just propaganda, and when it was a process to choose our leaders -- now it's just a machine that feeds on itself.]


I'll provide links to the ad and to the transcript to avoid any copyright concerns, but this passage just gets at the mindset of those of us who are looking forward to a better life in this country ... "It seems like we’ve lost our heart at times. When the fog of division, discord, and blame made it hard to see what lies ahead. But after those trials, we all rallied around what was right, and acted as one. Because that’s what we do. We find a way through tough times, and if we can’t find a way, then we’ll make one."


Amen ... Clint and Chrysler ... Amen.


THE AFOREMENTIONED AD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PE5V4Uzobc


THE NEWS RELEASE INCLUDING THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE AFOREMENTIONED AD:
http://www.media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=05575D5107F04B06A0FC1C983EC3E14E?&id=11963&mid=2


THE PEOPLE WHO TAKE THINGS TOO FAR:
http://www.bagnewsnotes.com/2012/02/the-clint-eastwood-chrysler-commercial-controversy-and-the-doctored-wisconsin-footage/

No comments:

Post a Comment