February 1, 2012

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 2/1/12

Put your money where your mouth is.

Used in a sentence: "Since I do have a lot to say, it's only appropriate that I follow the adage to 'put your money where you mouth is'".

Since it is such a well known phrase, I'm not sure that it qualifies as wordplay per se, but I did think of it today when I happily donated to January's designated charity (RAINN) on behalf of my 29 Facebook connections that publicly listed their birthdays this month. I wanted a new "shtick" for 2012 birthdays, and this current plan was birthed around the same time as the Penn State bowl game -- so it was an easy choice of organization for this month. Of course, I do firmly stand by my statement that you can be a Penn State fan or a Joe Paterno honor-er without it being presumed that you also belong to NAMBLA, but I also feel strongly that the victims of the Sandusky Scandal deserve the type of support and services that RAINN provides.

To those victims, both those who have come forward and those who never will, and to others I've met and loved in my forty years so far, may you find peace and healing.

[And, for the record, here are the charities that will play out throughout the rest of 2012:

FEB -- Ronald McDonald Charities
MAR -- PAWS
APR -- Lustgarten Foundation
MAY -- National MS Society
JUN -- Vital Bridges
JUL -- Save the Children
AUG -- Muscular Dystrophy Association
SEP -- Autism Speaks
OCT -- Susan G Komen for the Cure
NOV -- Greater Chicago Food Depository
DEC -- Trevor Project.]

92 CENTS OF EVERY $ GOES TO PREVENTING SEXUAL VIOLENCE/HELPING VICTIMS:
https://donate.rainn.org/

OR GET INVOLVED SOME OTHER WAY:
http://www.rainn.org/get-involved

OR GET INFORMED:
http://www.rainn.org/get-information

No comments:

Post a Comment