February 7, 2012

Random Tune for Tuesday 2/7/12

Sometimes the song just comes to me in the shower -- and I find myself totally surprised as to what it is I'm singing. For instance, today's tune is a classic country song from the mid-80's which just popped into my head as I was toweling off the other day. Why? Absolutely no idea ...

I was able to find the youtube video of Reba McEntire's cover of the tune (on her album "Have I Got a Deal for You"), but it was the Janie Fricke version that actually took to the charts. And I recall it vividly because the stepmother used it to mock my father's ex-wife (who was my momma, of course) -- isn't it funny how divorce brings out the ugly in people (and how, as a kid, you just don't realize what it all means)?

SHE USES THE FAVORS THAT THE GOOD LORD GAVE HER WITH THE DEVIL'S DESIRE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCJK_pbZbRM

No comments:

Post a Comment