January 14, 2012

Random Soapbox for Saturday 1/14/12

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... I think it's time to institute a few rules for the overall Target experience, based on my time spent there this afternoon.

First (and I'm dusting this off from a previous post, but I do feel strongly about it), customers need to know not to wear a red shirt and khakis to shop, as they will -- without a doubt -- be mistaken for employees. [In one positive development, I didn't see anyone in pajamas -- which I know from Facebook is an epidemic back home in the Walmarts ...]

Second (and this is for the powers that be), Shaun White should stay out of kids' bedrooms. I mean I get the allure of "celebrity" endorsements, and Shaun can have his gum, but I really don't think his design aesthetic needs to be flouted about the domestics department.

Third (and we'll need security to be much more participatory in stopping this behavior), if you can't drive a supersized cart (or buggy for those of you who reserve the right for colloquial geographically based cutesy names for things) through Target's narrow aisles, then you should be limited in your purchases to what fits in one of those I'm-too-poor-to-afford-this-place baskets. (And, that goes for the parking lot as well -- if you don't have the skill set to make decisions about which parking space to take, then you should be forced to take the bus or the el to the location.)

Finally (and maybe contrary to what those rom-com movies might suggest), Target is not a pick-up joint. There are bars for that kind of aggressive style. You have to know that I can see you, leering at the pretty things walking past. Wait -- is that a mirror? Oh -- never mind. Scratch that last rule.

LOUISIANA MAY BAN THE PRACTICE:
http://www.news10.net/news/national/173477/5/Louisiana-lawmaker-seeks-to-ban-pajamas-in-public-

MASSACHUSETTS MISSED CONNECTION:
http://www.missedconnections.com/post/handsome-guy-at-target-milford

I'M NOT BEING GINGER-IST, I PROMISE:
http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/white-bio.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment