December 6, 2011

Random Tune for Tuesday 12/6/11

For at least the third year in a row ... it's time to bring back (not because anybody asked ... just because I'm a little odd) ... the Dead Celebrity Tune Trilogy. First up -- a tune from Joseph Brooks, who passed this summer.

And, since I am just as much twisted as I am a little odd, I guess I feel comfortable sharing that it turns out Joseph died from self-inflicted asphyxiation by helium, just before he was headed to trial for allegedly being a serial casting couch assaultist in his older age.

So even though I usually only provide one link ... I'll include both the now dead composer in a clip and the more famous Debby Boone version (who, to be clear, is NOT DEAD -- and, at the rate her daddy Pat is going, has quite a few years to go if the genetic trait was passed on to her), just in case you'd rather have your life lit up by one over the other.

IN THE STUDIO (WITH NO COUCH IN SIGHT):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQTOcdU88fg

THE ONE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SONG WHO DIDN'T DIE LAST YEAR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQpl_JFHya0

No comments:

Post a Comment