December 27, 2011

Random Tune for Tuesday 12/27/11

Admittedly, it's a bit anti-climactic.

When I started this every-other-week selection of a random tune that would follow alphabetically through the nearly 600 cassettes I accumulated in the 90's (a vast majority courtesy of multiple bites of the 12-cassettes-for-1-cent apples offered by the evil Columbia House queen), I just assumed that I would have a tape for every letter. But, as it turns out -- and as this all comes to a close this final Tuesday of 2011 -- I never had an X, Y or Z in my eccentric and eclectic bunch.

But that doesn't mean I can't randomly select a tune from a group that should be in my collection .. and that I can't find one that somehow ties directly into my hometown of the last decade plus ... and that it can't be a tribute to the blues ...

Z is for ZZTOP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV5ioewi4pk&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment