December 13, 2011

Random Tune for Tuesday 12/13/11

So ... I don't have any performers who start with the letter Y in my eccentric and eclectic cassette collection either (I didn't have anyone with an X two weeks ago ... and newsflash a fortnight early ... I don't have anyone with a Z either).

No Yes or Yaz or Yardbirds or Young, Neil made it to my stash back in the day (although Mr. Young does appear on a Pearl Jam mixtape of "Rockin in the Free World" ...)

Which leaves me torn. I could play someone's version of "I Told You So" in honor of the fact the clinic called today to say I do have strep throat after all (they denied it on Sunday) ... but, instead, I'll turn to a holiday tune.

And in the most random of finds, here's a spoof of Young MC's classic "Bust-a-Move" -- done up as a rap battle between Santa and Jack Frost and Frosty. And done up by someone who should never be allowed to parody any rap song ever again as a matter of public policy.

Happy Holidays!

Y is for YOUNG MC (whose song is parodied in this oh-so-bad-it's-good holiday rap battle):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr4k_LE1xek

No comments:

Post a Comment