December 22, 2011

Random Thought for Thursday 12/22/11

It's a busy time of year, so sometimes things fall by the wayside.

Of course, rest and relaxation are right around the corner, what with Christmas this weekend in South Bend and New Year's weekend back in Chitown and my milestone birthday in sunny Florida (note to Florida, please do be sunny in a fortnight).

But, in the spirit of tying up loose ends ... First, I forgot to mention the other Saturday (12.10) that the countdown to the end of the world was at 375 days. Just, you know, in case that would make you change your lifestyle or start making a list. And second, I forgot to provide my final Amazing Race Aside after the season finale (the down side of watching TV when you want to based on how full the DVR is ...), so here's 3 things I learned in that season final episode:

1.) I still haven't decided if I feel safer or scared-er after watching the flight simulator exercise.
2.) I think I said this previously, but I'm always less than impressed by the half-hearted clapping on display when the winning team(s) run toward the mat past the eliminated players.
3.) I know I said this previously, but I'm always tickled that there is just as much (if not more) of a language barrier issue when the teams are back in America for the final challenges.

FLORIDA WEATHER IN JANUARY:
http://goflorida.about.com/od/allaboutflorida/a/january.htm

ANYONE WHO WAS WITH ME IN MEXICO IN 07 KNOWS I NEED THIS INFO:
http://www.gosunsmart.org/yourskin/yourskin_protection.shtml

TAXI TIPS (although language barrier's are barely addressed):
http://www.poundtaxi.com/taxi-tips/general-tips

No comments:

Post a Comment