December 24, 2011

Random Soapbox for Saturday 12/24/11

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

... (of course it's a rave ... it is Christmas Eve after all ... neither Santa nor Jesus would want me to be ranting this close to Christmas) ... and even though my favorite holiday is still New Year's Eve, this weekend's celebration has been a great one so far.

From the tunes on the drive in (could Sugarland's Christmas CD replace the classic ones from Amy Grant as my all time favorite? Do better compilation collections exist than the 2005 and 2006 Bath and BodyWorks double CD sets?) to the fact that everyone is home (Jac's on leave, Teddy and Heather are in our state this year and even Robert's skulking about in the background -- plus it's Trevor's first year with us all) ...

... from the fact that my sister's homemade cookies arrived intact yesterday even though they were mailed to the wrong address (thanks again, neighbor!) to the feast that I know is being prepared for tomorrow (I've suggested a bacon garnish for every dish) ...

... from the annual family game (this year, we perverted The Game of Things as only we can) to the quality time I get to spend with all of the animals while here in Indiana (three dogs, three cats and a turtle) ...

It may be the farthest thing from a silent night when we all get together ... but I wouldn't have it any other way. For 14 years and running in this familial configuration, it is indeed ... a Merry Christmas for me and mine.

Assuming you celebrate, may it be the same for you and yours.

YOU CAN PLAY IT STRAIGHT OR YOU CAN PLAY IT TWISTED ...:
http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=213257030&sellerid=25400168

FROM THE ALBUM "GOLD AND GREEN":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFUjDFV9Mog

2 CD SETS 2 YEARS RUNNING IN 2005 and 2006:
http://www.last.fm/music/Various+Artists/Bath+%2526+Body+Works+Holiday+Music+2005%253A+The+Perfect+Christmas+%2528disc+1%253A+Sparkle%2529

No comments:

Post a Comment