November 10, 2011

Random (Bonus) Posting for Penn State 11/10/11

[I saw this moving through the social networks virally, and felt like it captured one side of this issue quite well, so I wanted to repost it here.]

On Saturday, I will be watching, and I will be rooting for Penn State.

I will be rooting for Matt McGloin, a former walk-on QB from West Scranton who scratched and clawed his way to the top of the depth chart.

I will be rooting for Silas Redd, one of the hardest working players in the nation.

I will be rooting for Stephon Green, a kid who proves there is always a second chance.

I will be rooting for Joe Suhey, a so-called wasted legacy scholarship who has become a fine player.

I will be rooting for Quinn Barham, Johnnie Troutman, Deontae Pannell, and Chima Okoli, four seniors playing their last home game on the OLine.

I will be rooting for Andrew Sczerba, a player who has overcome a ridiculous amount of adversity in the past year just to be on the field one last time.

I will be rooting for Derek Moye, who risked further injury to play in one miraculous drive for 409.

I will be rooting for Devon Smith, so every undersized football player can see there is a chance for them too.

I will be rooting for Jack Crawford and Eric Latimore, because no matter how many times they got knocked down they kept on fighting.

I will be rooting for Devon Still, because dominance deserves respect.

I will be rooting for Nate Stupar, who showed everyone what the phrase next man up really means.

I will be rooting for Gerald Hodges, because we are Linebacker U.

I will be rooting for D'Anton Lynn, because he saw for a moment how quickly it could all be taken away, but he got back up.

I will be rooting for Chaz Powell, because he has worked hard for 5 years whether on offense, defense, or special teams.

I will be rooting for Drew Astorino and Nick Sukay, because even if the fans don't always love them, they still play hard, leave it all on the field, and represent our university.

I will be rooting for Adrian Amos, because I still have hope for the future.

I will be rooting for Anthony Fera, because sometimes you just have to step up and do it all.

Most importantly, I will be rooting for Penn State. Bad things have happened, and hopefully once all the facts are clear those who are responsible are given whatever punishment they deserve, but we are still a great university with a great tradition. And most importantly, these kids who will run out of the tunnel have nothing to do with this awful situation. Be upset with Jerry Sandusky, be upset with Tim Curley. If you must, be upset with Graham Spanier or Mike McQueary or even Joe Paterno. But don't turn your back on these 18-23 year old young men who just want to go out and win a game.

WE ARE...PENN STATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment