September 19, 2011

Random Memorial for Monday 9/19/11

Gone but not forgotten: my personal laptop.

Sometime Saturday night/Sunday morning (while I was out painting the town), someone stole my laptop from the apartment. With no forced entry (could it be that I left the back door to the porch unlocked?) and only that one item having been stolen (they left my camera, other electronic equipment and the bottles in the home-bar untouched), I guess I should be grateful. Perhaps I should take the Bishop Myriel route and think that it was stolen by someone who gave it to his child to use to better his or her education ...

... but I can't be that gracious. Since the letter 'g' sticks on the keyboard, I hope that every word you type has at least one 'g' in it forevermore and that it sends you to the loony bin (after all, it may have started me on that path). And that the digital picture collection I was saving on it provides images that haunt your nightmares the rest of your life, which I hope is shorter than it was supposed to be (like maybe because your next victim bears arms and shoots you when you trespass). And that the battery I bought for cheap off of Ebay not that long ago turns out to be defective and leaks its acid on your delicates.

At least I have my work laptop still, and I'll be sleeping with it under my pillow so that it too will not be missed.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDN'T GET THE JEAN VALJEAN CONNECTION:
http://religion.wikia.com/wiki/Bishop_Myriel

CRIMES IN THE HOOD:
http://chicago.everyblock.com/locations/neighborhoods/wrigleyville/?only=crime

ADVICE FOR WHEN YOUR LAPTOP IS STOLEN (TOO LATE FOR ME!):
http://outspokenmedia.com/online-marketing/what-to-do-when-your-laptop-is-stolen/

No comments:

Post a Comment