August 7, 2011

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 8/7/11

What Chicago is talking about this week:

... the rash of sudden firings.

It's not a Crain's Business report I'm referencing (after all, that's just de riguer in today's business world), or a removal of Ozzie from the Sox leadership (although that does seem overdue -- and now I guess I'm just a hater) -- but it's the abrupt canning of Steve Williams and Jerry Lewis that has everyone abuzz.

Speaking of being a hater, I'll admit to feeling a little dirty about this, but is it wrong that I'm routing for Adam Scott to keep up the good work today just because he's employed Stevie on the bag now that Tiger's dumped him. (And, continuing in that hateful theme -- wasn't that the longest relationship that Tiger's ever had with anyone of any gender?)

And I can't bring myself to apply any level of snark to the MDA telethon situation. Maybe there's much more to be said, and I'll admit that it's selfish, but I'll miss the usual Labor Day tradition in its historical form with its historical host. Regardless -- it has to be about the kids, and anything that distracts from the fundraising mission just can't be tolerated, so I hope that "this too shall pass" prevails as a guiding factor for all involved.

LET's BE HONEST, NOTHING HE EVER DOES AGAIN WILL LOOK THE SAME:
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/section/blogs?blogID=golf&plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&uid=1038cbce-64f9-45c9-b3ee-37c53aee6aa4&plckPostId=Blog%3A1038cbce-64f9-45c9-b3ee-37c53aee6aa4Post%3Ae69c30a2-e862-4352-bba7-f29cb1f89a28&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

COULD IT SOON BE ANOTHER CASUALTY OF REALITY TELEVISION?:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/03/jerry-lewis-will-not-host-2011s-mda-telethon/

SAYS OZZIE: "I DON'T GIVE A [EXPLETIVE] IF I GET FIRED":
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/6774021/ozzie-guillen-says-chicago-white-sox-fire-poor-first-half

No comments:

Post a Comment