May 5, 2011

Random Thought for Thursday 5/5/11

I live in an old Chicago apartment, so it is not uncommon to see, smell and hear things happening above or below me (ah ... the joy of being in the middle). So having heard what I heard from the newer neighbor up above, I've run into her in the laundry room and I just don't know what to say. If the comment continuum has a WASPy* regressive "let's not talk about the sex" on one end and "you're so loose that if you had twins, they'd likely have different fathers**" on the other, I'm leaning toward giving her the universal thumbs-up with a "good luck on the baby making" the next time I see her (or is that too creepy?) ...

[*That's WASPy as in White Anglo Saxon Protestant, not as in the Kinsey wasps.]

[**I must give credit where credit is due, as this is a minor modification of one of those rare laugh out loud lines from Days of our Lives this week (fake Rafe to Sami, for those wondering) -- one of the benefits of working from home is that I can arrange my lunch around my "story", like in my college days ...]

WASP, WAY ONE:

WASP, WAY TWO:

SOME FANS ARE MUCH MORE VOCAL THAN I:


No comments:

Post a Comment