May 16, 2011

Random Memorial for Monday 5/16/11

Gone but not forgotten: my only mayor.


Well, my only mayor while during my time in Chicago -- which, now that I've done the math, is half of my adult life (it will be 10 years this September -- yep, I "moved" on 9/11/01). Look, I pick on the headlines every now and then, but I absolutely love the small-neighborhood big-city feel of Chitown, and I've had no issues with Daley's tenure. [Rahm did say in his inaugural address that there's lots of money to be saved, so I will offer up that he is welcome to cut the work crew that was working on the curbs outside my apartment window at 7am today.] My only fear is that the loss of Daley and Oprah within the same fortnight is going to create some vortex and send the city into the lake.



Da Mare ... you will be missed.



TURNS OUT THE GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY EXEMPTED THEMSELVES FROM THIS:




10 FUN FACTS ABOUT THE NEW MAYOR:




THE O COUNTDOWN:


No comments:

Post a Comment