April 30, 2011

Random Soapbox for Saturday 4/30/11

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... and I should probably start with a disclaimer in triplicate: 1) I did live on campus during most of my six and a half-years or so of undergrad studies (I really didn't want to leave) so I can relate to that lifestyle ... 2) I have also been inebriated before at 2 or 3 am ... 3) I really like lasagna and miss it now that my food choices went a touch toward the heart-healthier in 2011 ...

... BUT that doesn't excuse the Doug Neidermyer-esque behavior of Alex Engle, a fraternity boy who refused to leave his house during a fire alarm on campus at Western Illinois University this winter (I sometimes get my news a few months late). And the worst part, when found eating his lasagna, he slurredly said something to the effect of "my parents got money and you took too long and I love lasagna".

The only twist to this story that would have made it sweeter for me is if he had been lovingly slobbering over post-closing-time Chinese food -- because then they could have had a field day with the headlines, re-imagining the concept of a Chinese Fire Drill.

Alex -- next time ... please "stumble away from the lasagna, and save yourself instead!"

IT WASN'T EXACTLY SOPHIE's CHOICE:

WHERE IS DOUG NEIDERMYER NOW?:

THE INTERWEB'S VERSION OF WHERE CHINESE FIRE DRILL COMES FROM:

No comments:

Post a Comment