March 25, 2011

Random Flashback for Friday 3/25/11


How many of these pics of The Pajama Game (the LVC spring musical twenty years ago in 1991) do I have? Well ... a few more, including this classic backstage photo (is this the Presidents' Dining Room at LVC?) of the show's antagonist -- Old Man Myron Hassler, as paid by (Old Man) Byron. He wasn't so much an Old Man as a senior at the time of production, I believe.

The character was old, however, which explains the Kabuki effect here. Looking at this again, if he wasn't smiling (and he usually always was -- Byron, not Myron), this might have even passed as a zombie. I can see a remake -- Pajama Game of the Dead!

[By the way, I'm not sure if Judith Martin (she who uses the nom de plume Miss Manners) has informed me of proper Facebook tagging etiquette -- so please don't take it personally and untag yourself if people aren't to know this about your past.]

No comments:

Post a Comment