February 16, 2011

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 2/16/11

Capricious Mash-up.

[First, quick note. It's vacation, but I've yet to take a vacation from the micro-blogging. I have played fast and loose with the posting date sometimes (great feature, blog-spot!), but I do have at least one post per day back to this concept started in the summer of 2009. Speaking of which, on vacations like this one (and thanks to the relatively newer feature of FB that allows you to have an email copy of your wall sent to you -- great feature, FB!), I often have a chance to download old output to the blog. As of today, retro-randomness back to Nov 09 is available for viewing -- and I provide every way to drill down to whatever you might want to see. Just use the tabs on the side to look by month, or by daily topic, or by theme week, or by occasional series (great feature, www.capcognition.blogspot.com)!]

So ... used in a sentence ... on a lazy vacation day like today, I thought I'd take it easy and provide a capricious mash-up of two themes from February for today's item. If you take the early Feb. SuperBowl influenced theme week that focused on the things that I'm drawn to in the Sports pages and mash it up (all the cool kids are doin' this nowadays!) with the Friday Flashback series of pictures from The Philadelphia Story (where I played the role made famous by the actor from Indiana, Pennsylvania who went on to Washington as Mr. Chips) ... you will get ...

... world famous moto-cross racer Jimmy Stewart! I'm sure this youngster is amazing in his craft, but a part of me wants him to employ a six foot tall imaginary rabbit as a logo!

JIMMY JUNIOR's IS TEARING IT UP RIGHT NOW:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4011969

THE ORIGINAL JIMMY's NOT THAT SHABBY EITHER:
http://www.flixster.com/actor/james-stewart

NOW LOADED WITH RETRO-RANDOMNESS!:
http://capcognition.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment