November 27, 2010

Random Soapbox for Saturday 11/27/10

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... I've finally gotten to the end of the AMAs that had been saved to the DVR, and was the world really demanding a joint reunion featuring NKTOBSB? I mean, WTF (why the face?, for those Modern Family fans)!

That final number just made me ... uncomfortable. With Donnie's acting career, I was surprised to see him be a part of the spectacle, and poor Danny looked every bit of his 40 years of age. [By the way, even though my friend Jarrod was once a D Wahlberg dead-ringer, twenty years later, they have clearly taken separate paths as they aged.] Then, in preparing for this post, I found out that this was not just a one-time stunt, but a "rehearsal" of sorts for the upcoming 2011 concert tour!

To be clear, I'm not hating because I'm jealous that none of them doubled in size or anything. And I'm sure that they all have wives and kids and pets and such to feed, but if this is what my generation has to add to the annals of musicology, I'm saddened. And sorry, I got nothing to say about the 80% of the Backstreeters that were present. It's probably embarrassing enough that I can name a bunch of NKOTB songs, so I thought I'd stop while I'm ahead.

Now if only that Timberlake fella weren't busy, they could have made it a boyband bonanza (I mean manband mother-lode?) and added an N'Sync set. Or maybe we'll save that reunion for the 2030 Grammys (note to the next generation -- prepare now for what will one day be a most mockable moment).

REUNIONS of THE 2000s:
http://www.spinner.com/2009/12/16/best-and-worst-reunions-of-the-2000s/

SOCCER MOMs AND PEDOPHILES of THE 1990s, TAKE NOTE:
http://www.cdinsight.com/news.php?readmore=7855

THE 1989 TOP 100 POP CHART (WARNING: NKOTB is WELL REPRESENTED):
http://www.musicoutfitters.com/topsongs/1989.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment