November 13, 2010

Random Soapbox for Saturday 11/13/10

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... you alone have to accept responsibility for the tattoos you get. Mind you, I'm not knocking those who have the money to pay to have past artwork lasered off ... or those who have to go back to get a cover-up tattoo when a relationship sours ... but I cannot support poor White Sox fan (poor modifying fan or White Sox, based on last season) Gina's lawsuit about a Sox logo tattoo that ended up backwards on her thigh (picture in the article link below).

The first five of my eight tattoos (one for each semester of law school I survived) are already permanently affixed just under my skin, and I spent hours in advance working out the exact designs with the symbolism and hidden messages that I wanted. And I have a brother in the industry who does nothing but the most professional and amazing work, and he can attest that the client gets the last say after seeing a tracing of the artwork before the inking commences.

Gina, in my opinion, your attempts to get reparations for the emotional distress you felt over this situation would be better directed at Ozzie Guillen and not towards your local tattoo parlor. Like Mr. Roarke before you, own your Tattoo, young lady!

P.S. --> Dennis Miller, the original rantmaster, returns with an all new HBO comedy special on Friday November 19th!

THE INFAMOUS XOS ARTWORK:
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=5714479

HERVE, REST IN PEACE: "ZE PLANE! ZE PLANE!":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFK1rvL2NoQ

SOMEONE HAS TO IMPERSONATE OZZIE TO WRITE THIS BLOG:
http://ozzie.mlblogs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment