November 1, 2010

Random Memorial for Monday 11/1/10

Gone but not forgotten: Kyle's wait for the return of the McRib.

He used words like "stoked" while he waited and "glorious" when he finally had it in his hands. He said it had been 16 years since he last tasted the pork patty with the barbecue sauce. I wanted to support him (he's been one of my best friends for over two decades) ... so I decided not to tell him that I've had access to the McRib every other year here in Chicago (apparently it sells super-well in the midwest -- go figure!) No knocking my central PA upbringings, but there are many exciting things about the big city Chicago life (and now I can add more McRibs to that list).

Mind you, we all worked at McDonalds together in East Lebanon back in the day -- and we had the freedom to play with our food while we created our crew meals. I still think I was one of the first ones to make a double quarter pounder (back before it was a regular item), and I preferred my McRibs without the bbq sauce and covered in cheese back then. What I miss most is the McDLT (the cool stays cool and the hot stays hot) ...

By the way, when we will get something new and exotic added to the national menu? Why don't we get to try the McKiwiburger (beef patty, egg, beetroot, tomato, lettuce, cheese, onions, tomato sauce, and mustard on a toasted bun from New Zealand -- or McOz if served without the egg in Australia)?

Kyle's longing to reconnect with his youth through Mickey D's menu choices, you are (no longer) missed.

THE McKIWIBURGER RETURNS TO NEW ZEALAND:
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU0705/S00017.htm

THE McRIB CAMPAIGN:
http://adage.com/article?article_id=146811

ONCE AGAIN, FB FOR EVERYTHING -- THIS IS 1 OF MANY PAGES (CALL TO ACTION):
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Back-the-McRib/332826208449

No comments:

Post a Comment