October 30, 2010

Random Soapbox for Saturday 10/30/10

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... why is it that no one in my life ever took the time to show me that the optimal way for eating shrimp was to pinch the little tails so that you could get every bit of "meat" out of your bite?

I know for a fact that there were people in my life who loved me and wanted only the best for me (some unexpected and some sought after on my part). Yet it was only last year (thanks (c)!)that I learned I had been wasting quality pieces of shrimp my whole life -- peel and eat, in a scampi, with or without cocktail sauce, frequently fried, butterflied if big enough -- all suboptimal experiences in retrospect! And even in these modern times, where many of us are raised by pop culture, why was it that Forrest Gump couldn't school me on this gem? Someone must pay for this crustacean crime!

Amazing Race Aside -- at least, thanks to pop culture's influence, I will know that if I find myself in Norway for the holidays and I'm faced with the traditional boiled sheep's head, I will pull all of the meat from out of the skull to make it much more palatable!

AND IF YOU EVER WANNA EAT THE SHRIMP HEADS:
http://zarzamora.blogspot.com/2005/04/3-ways-to-eat-shrimps-head.html

INDIANA JONES AND THE SHEEP EYE (and why did I have one in my frig in my frat pad?):
http://www.suite101.com/content/indiana-jones-food-delicacies-fact-or-fiction-a299321

RUN, FORREST, RUN ... TO YOUR NEAREST BUBBA GUMP SHRIMPERY:
http://www.bubbagump.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment