August 22, 2010

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 8/22/10

What Chicago/Lebanon/Uniontown/HOME is talking about this week:

As all-home-days week continues, I was hard pressed to determine where I would "spot" myself yesterday -- since I certainly started in Lebanon, but drove across PA for dinner in Uniontown and ended my night on the road on the other side of Columbus as I trekked back to Chicago. And with so many headlines from which to choose -- second chances for fireworks in Palmyra, second chances for fast roads to Pittsburgh in Uniontown and second chances for trials for BlagoBoy, I thought I'd go a little rogue and say what I'm talking about this week.

I've learned that HOME is not so much a physical location as it is a peaceful easy comforting feeling you get when you interact with those for whom you care and those who care about you (made even better when those two groups are the same people)! From reversing roles between father and son visiting mine at the nursing home, to dropping in for quick updates from the closest of friends and family, to bearing witness to an intimate gathering of friends at a special ceremony (just take that for what it is - all secretive and cult-ish as it might sound), to seeing the next generations of our connections face the world with innocent wide-eyed wonder at all the possibilities that exist ... it was very clear to me that we revisit the stories of our past to provide insight to the circumstances of the present -- but that we (together, not alone) control our journeys through the future.

May you pause to appreciate the community you've built that make up your HOME, and may we all rediscover the humanity that binds us together.

PALMYRA FIREWORKS ROUND 2:
http://www.abc27.com/Global/story.asp?S=13026802

THE ROAD THAT WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING:
http://www.pahighways.com/toll/PATurnpike43.html

GET OUT THE DAMN BATMOBILE, BLAGO!:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/blagojevich/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment