July 7, 2010

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 7/7/10

Double Dose of Fealty.

Used in a sentence, "Between Bill Compton relinquishing his to his Louisiana Queen and John Adams working the room at the Constitutional Convention to secure baby America's to the Republic, HBO has me processing a double dose of fealty this past week."

I've gushed about True Blood before in my posts, and I have every faith that all the disparate story threads and recent reliance on frequent flashbacks are working their way toward an unbelievable culmination (Sookie's microwave hands powers are rumored to be explained this year), but the political aspects of this season (i.e. fealty) has me guessing as to where they are headed (and I've never had a class in vampiric history, so I hope they fill me in along the way).

I stumbled on the John Adams marathon on HBO for the holiday weekend, and after having dismissed it when it first aired (I don't think I'm overly fond of period pieces), I've made it a third of the way through and am quite entertained. In a clear sign that I'm truly an unusual person, I actually got some goose bumps in the scene where Ben introduced George to John in the Philadelphia courtyard (and that's Franklin, Washington and Adams respectively not a Beatles reference). I gotta say I'm even more pleased that Bosom Buddies was such a success to allow Tom Hanks to expound on the Founding Fathers and the freedoms and fealty to the republic that they espoused.

[Between yesterday and today, I may as well get premium cable channels to sponsor part of this blog if I ever choose to monetize this experience.]

BETCHA A REN FAIRE FANATIC WROTE THIS:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:HBkgxErb95oJ:www.sca.org.au/ynys_fawr/as_articles/as_database/as_doc_23.DOC+fealty+as+a+concept&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

FAN OBSESSION TRANSLATED TO THE WEB (A FANg SITE):
http://www.trueblood-news.com/first-promo-photo-from-season-3-eric-and-sookie

THE OFFICIAL HBO WEBSITE FOR JOHN ADAMS, the miniseries:
http://www.hbo.com/john-adams/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment