July 27, 2010

Random Tune for Tuesday 7/27/10

Long before the weight-loss spokesperson days ... and years before the fainting on national TV ... but certainly after the variety show that I vaguely recall watching from Nanny's bed (that's my mom's mom), Marie Osmond expanded on her "I'm a little bit country" claims with a fledgling recording career. I guess a few #1 hits signify more than just fledgling, but the one I recall most was from her comeback in the mid-80s. Why was it so memorable? -- 'cause the step-mother (that's wife #4 of 5 for those keeping score) banned the song in the household (which translated to turning it off the radio when it came on) because my mom had recently moved to the state referenced in the title. (Like sands through the hourglass, so were the days of my life ...) The link to "Meet Me in Montana" is below.

WELL WE'RE STUCK HERE IN THESE HILLS THAT THEY CALL MOUNTAINS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDlgyKkoGa8

No comments:

Post a Comment