July 15, 2010

Random Thought for Thursday 7/15/10

Sometimes I think that I'm the inspiration for the phrase "too clever for your own good" (part 3).

Take my attempts to put together a build-your-own-furniture desk for my home office using the alan wrench that was supplied in the box I brought home from Hills many many years ago. My friends walked in on me when I was almost done, and immediately commented on my bright pink, almost bloody fingertips. Turns out that I never thought to rotate the wrench so that I could apply pressure and turn the long end as I tightened the assorted pieces. I was painfully turning the short end over and over again until I completed the task. After all, if I made it longer it would be more like a screwdriver! [I probably put the square pegs in the round holes in my middle school ASVAB test, too.] Not many gatherings with my friends back home will go by without the telling of this story to put me in my place!

IF ONLY THE INTERNET WAS AROUND BACK IN THE DAY:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/reviews/hand-tools/4313471

EVEN THE ASVAB IS ONLINE (NO MORE PEGS IN HOLES?):
http://www.military.com/ASVAB

No comments:

Post a Comment