July 18, 2010

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 7/18/10

What Chicago is talking about this (Amusement Park theme) week:

Let me just say --sometimes this thing just writes itself. Heavily featured in the news this week -- an incident at Six Flags in nearby Gurnee where Porky Pig was attacked and beaten about the Pig Ears 10 to 15 times. The culprits -- employees of the theme park who were there on their day off. The most surprising part of the news (not the jokes about tenderizing the pork that I won't restate here ... not the sign-off used by many news people reporting the story: th-th-th-th-that's all folks ) -- but the fact that mascot attacks happen once or twice a year. And I know I railed against gang violence at theme parks in my soapbox, but I have to admit I might find it hard to resist a chuckle at the cartoonish aspect of it all. And I would even consider it performance art if, instead of the beatdown, they simply would have smashed a giant drum over his(her) head a la the ending of the cartoons from my childhood. Or, alternatively, I might have snapped and intervened, screaming "Bacon is not to be abused!" as I joined the melee.

PORKY PIG ATTACKED BY CO-WORKERS:
http://www.thrillnetwork.com/news/3941/porky-pig-attacked-at-great-america.html

MASCOT-ON-MASCOT VIOLENCE - FUNNY OR NOT?:
http://weirdnews.about.com/od/othersports/a/MascotOnMascot.htm

TH-TH-TH-TH-THAT's ALL FOLKS IMAGE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Thats_all_folks_cl%C3%A0ssic_-Daffy_Comando_1943_-_amb_porky_(2).png

No comments:

Post a Comment